A Sign On Bonus up to $20,000 is offered for this Position!!!! NEW RATES!!!
As those first private hospital in Kansas, Saint John Hospital has an unparalleled tradition of life-saving medical care, this local, full-service hospital located in Leavenworth, Kansas. Saint John has achieved 5 stars for its performance in treatment of Sepsis from Healthgrades for three years in row and continues to earn the highest awards in health care quality and safety.
Saint John provides innovative health care, with quality physicians, and compassionate staff that provide 24/7 emergency Care, Outpatient Surgical Services, Primary Care Clinic, Intensive Care Unit, and a Skilled Nursing Care unit. Saint John Hospital continues in the spirit of the sisters of Charity of Leavenworth and will continue to provide outstanding care to the nearby area.
As an employee you will be given the opportunity not only to give our patient’s exceptional care but, the ability to grow within an organization that strives to give back to the community in which they serve.
We are committed to providing Outstanding Benefits to our employees see just some of the benefits we offer:
Come Join a Team of dedicated Healthcare Workers!!!
An Infection Control Nurse is a registered nurse (RN) who implements best practices for halting the spread of viruses and bacteria and delivers top care to patients who have contracted infectious diseases. Infection control nurses work not only with patients and physicians but also with scientists, public health experts, and government agencies to protect the health of individuals and the public. In this profession, it is critical to have strong attention to detail, the ability to work well under pressure, and excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Graduate from an accredited school with a Bachelors degree in medicine, nursing, epidemiology, microbiology, public health or other life science related field, preferred.
2. If a registered nurse, must be licensed by the State where the facility is located.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Minimum of two (2) years experience in a health care setting required. One year or more of experience in infection control and/or employee health is preferred.
5. APIC membership or other Infection Prevention Organization and attendance required upon acceptance.
6. Successful completion of formal APIC courses in Infection Control desirable.
7. Certification in Infection Control (CIC) preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf