At Landmark Medical Center, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, Landmark Medical Center is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Landmark Medical Center is a 214-bed acute care hospital in Woonsocket, RI and The Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island is an 82-bed rehabilitation hospital in North Smithfield, RI. The hospital has been “A”rated for patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and has received numerous Healthgrades awards for patient safety excellence, heart care, and orthopedics. Originally known as the "Woonsocket Hospital," Landmark Medical Center has been serving the communities of northern Rhode Island and southern Massachusetts since 1873. Learn more at www.landmarkmedical.org.
To provide emotional support, crisis intervention and counseling for Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults, Older Adults and their significant others to cope with a multiplicity of social and emotional problems; information and referral; referrals for financial assistance and supportive services to patients and families with problems that are related to hospitalization, illness, disability or trauma. To provide case management & milieu management, complete psychosocial assessments, assist in the development and re-evaluation of Treatment Plans and work as a member of a multidisciplinary team, and to coordinate discharge planning. Complete necessary documentation and maintain clinical record for each client during his/her length of stay.
Education and Work Experience
1. Master's Degree in Social Work related field OR
2. Master's Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy or related field.
3. In states without required licensure, then current registration with State Board is required within 3 months of hire. In states with required licensure, license required at time of hire and must be maintained.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention Training within 3 months of hire and maintain current.
5. Minimum one (1) year hospital or Outpatient experience with emphasis in mental health care.
6. Experience in working with a diverse population with a wide range of problems (i.e., death and dying, maternal and child care, substance abuse, disability, chronic illness, etc.).
1. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf