Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Lower Bucks Hospital, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Lower Bucks Hospital is an acute care, community hospital serving the Lower Bucks County region with medical, surgical, and emergency care. The hospital is part of Prime Healthcare's Pennsylvania Region. Prime Healthcare Pennsylvania Region includes Roxborough Memorial Hospital in Philadelphia, Lower Bucks Hospital in Bucks County, and Suburban Community Hospital in Montgomery County.
Prime's hospitals in Pennsylvania are certified by The Joint Commission as Primary Stroke Centers and have won multiple awards through Healthgrades and the Get With The Guidelines Quality Achievement Awards though the American Heart Association. Our hospitals offer medical, surgical, and emergency care, which includes diagnostic radiology, lab services, behavior health, heart care, rehabilitation, family medicine, wound care, and residency programs.
Through high quality medical care, educational programs, and community outreach services, our hospitals treat all members of our communities with respect and compassion. For more information, visit www.lowerbuckshosp.com.
Performs role of surgical assistant for a variety of surgical procedures under direct supervision of attending surgeon. The RNFA shall provide aid in exposure, homeostasis, closure and other interoperative technical functions. Performs role of circulating nurse and/or scrub nurse when required. Assesses patient status, maintains a safe care environment, manages equipment use and delegates/directs care provided by O.R. Technicians, Nursing Assistants and other support personnel. Position requires on-call coverage
Education and Work Experience
1. Three years RN experience in perioperative nursing.
2. Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred. Successful completion of additional educational preparation specific to the role of the RNFA including a supervised clinical component.
3. Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
4. Current certification in BLS (AHA) and/or ACLS (AHA)
5. Current certification in Perioperative Nursing (CNOR) preferred.
6. Knowledge and skill in applying principles of aseptic technique. Demonstrates skills in the following intraoperative nursing behaviors: handling tissue, using instruments, providing exposure, providing hemostasis.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf