Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Southern Regional Medical Center, a member of the Prime Healthcare Foundation, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Southern Regional Medical Center is a non-profit, 331-bed community hospital serving the residents of Clayton County and Southern Atlanta communities. The hospital offers a complete line of services including Senior Care and Senior Behavioral Health Services; Emergency Services; Heart and Vascular; Advanced Imaging; Laboratory; Neuroscience Services; Rehabilitation; Sleep Diagnostic Center; Surgery/Robotic Surgery; Wound Care; and Women's Health Services, including a Level III NICU. The hospital is accredited as a Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center. Learn more at southernregional.org.
The Phlebotomy Technician I primarily performs skin puncture or venipuncture on patients of all ages for the purpose of obtaining a blood specimen for analysis in the clinical laboratory and is under the supervision of Laboratory Director / Manager / Supervisor. The PT I;
1) performs computer data entry, filing, telephone communication and other clerical duties,
2) possesses adequate knowledge of the terminology of tests ordered in the laboratory,
3) demonstrates good communication skills and telephone etiquette in greeting patients and other visitors in a polite and friendly manner,
4) demonstrates proper phlebotomy technique and the use of equipment in collecting specimens from newborns to geriatric patients,
5) processes microbiology, immunology, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, chemistry and blood bank specimens,
6) processes specimens for referral to reference laboratories,
7) stocks and orders routine supplies,
8) maintains the cleanliness of storage areas, trays, centrifuges, refrigerators, freezers and work areas,
9) processes or load specimens on automated laboratory instrumentation in accordance with established policy and procedures,
10) May be assist to Pick up samples at hospital/ OR, assist lab specialty in sorting out samples for analysis and put away samples, assist pathology, inventory, replenish supplies, order supplies, mail pick up/ delivery, faxing, answering phone, product deliveries, etc...
11) other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned by the department manager/director.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma, or equivalent, required
2. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate preferred
3. Minimum 1 year clinical laboratory experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
#phlebotomist #blooddraw #CPT #nowhiring #hospital #venipuncture #lab #hematology #pathology #clinicallaboratory #laboratory #process #nowhiring #hospital #phlebotomy #certified #microbiology #immunology #urinalysis #chemistry #bloodbank