At Monroe Hospital, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, a Top-15 hospital system in the United States, Monroe Hospital is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Monroe Hospital is a 32-bed community hospital located in beautiful Bloomington, Indiana. Monroe Hospital is committed to providing superior healthcare, ever mindful of each patient's individuality and unique needs. Monroe Hospital has been recognized by Healthgrades as a Patient Safety Excellence Award recipient, a distinction that places Monroe Hospital among the top 10% of all short-term acute care hospitals. For more information, please visit www.monroehospital.com.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The Float RN can be assigned to two (2) or more units based on need and will maintain competency to practice in all units. Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice. The RN also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing care. The RN is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to assigned patients on an assigned unit. She/he/them communicates with the physician about the changes in the patient’s clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is capable of responding quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state RN License
2. Current BLS (ARC/AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current ACLS (ARC/AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
4. Current PALS (ARC/AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
5. Minimum of one year experience as a staff RN in an acute care hospital setting preferred.
6. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
7. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
8. Able to float to two (2) or more units and maintain competency within assigned areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf