Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Saint Mary's Health Network, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
As a long-standing community partner with a 113-year history, Saint Mary's Health Network offers inpatient, outpatient, ancillary, and wellness services. Nationally recognized and accredited by The Joint Commission, as well as named one of the Top 100 Hospitals by Fortune/Merative and America's Best 250 hospitals by Healthgrades, Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center is a 380-bed acute care hospital offering inpatient, outpatient and ancillary services including a top-rated Center for Cancer, surgical and orthopedic services, an award-winning Cardiology program and more. The health system, a member of Prime Healthcare, also operates a fully integrated Medical Group, multiple urgent care clinics, a freestanding imaging lab, and a state-of-the-art Fitness Center. For more information, visit www.SaintMarysReno.com.
Neonatal Respiratory Care Practitioner performs acute clinical care to the neonate / newborn including a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, common sense and initiative to apply prescribed procedures, treatments and testing to the newborn and neonatal patient in a safe and professional manner. The Neonatal RCP assumes responsibility for delivering all respiratory care in the Maternal Child area (NICU, Nursery, Labor and Delivery and ER) as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be a graduate of accredited Respiratory Care program.
2. Associate Degree preferred.
CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS
1. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the NBRC.
2. Must complete an NICU orientation at the facility NICU under the guidance of the NICU Respiratory staff.
3. Must be currently licensed by the State of Nevada as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
4. Must have current certification in BLS.
5. Must have current certification in NRP.
6. Must have current certification in PALS.
7. Additional credentials are preferred, NPS.
8. Blood Gas Technologist Licensed by the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services within 90 days of hire.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
1. Must have two (2) years general experience providing respiratory care in a acute care hospital under medical direction.
2. Must have two (2) years clinical experience providing neonatal respiratory care in an autonomous / expanded role in a level III NICU or have completed a training program at The facility NICU.
3. Must be able to communicate in a knowledgeable and articulate manner with physicians and nurses regarding patient status and care.
4. Must be able to work with other hospital personnel in a professional and tactful manner.
5. Must be able to deal with the public (including the patient's visitors) in a professional manner as they relate to the questions or concerns regarding the patient’s condition or status of care.
6. Must be able to professionally complete all required paperwork (patient records, charting, policy/procedure, evaluations and billing etc.).
7. Requires ability to work in an area characterized by a high need for critical thinking, constant attention to detail and frequent interruptions.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf