Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Providence Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Providence Medical Center, located near I-435 and Parallel Pkwy. Kansas City, Kan., offers an extensive array of diagnostic and medical care. Key services include nationally recognized cardiovascular care, critical care, surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonary services, 24/7 emergency services and wound care center. The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and is a member of Prime Healthcare. For more information visit www.providencekc.com or call 913-596-4000.
Under the general direction of the physician (Cardiologist/Radiologist), will assist by scrubbing procedures or monitoring physiologic and hemodynamic data, as related to diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures performed in the cardiovascular lab. Ensures procedure room is adequately prepared for the procedure. Monitors par level of all instruments and supplies. Participates in departmental staff meetings and performance improvement activities and the training of new staff. Assists in all aspects of invasive and noninvasive cardiac procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. ARRT-R and license as required by State or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) required and ARRT- CI (Cardiac Interventional Technologist) or VI (Vascular Interventional Technologist) or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCI)
2. Previous experience in a Cardiovascular Lab or Interventional Radiology department required.
3. Cardiovascular technologist training program with emphasis in invasive cardiology and hemodynamic monitoring preferred.
4. BCLS (AHA) required upon hire and maintain current.
5. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); required within 30 days of hire.
6. Proficient computer skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf