Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! St. Francis Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
St. Francis Medical Center is one of the leading comprehensive healthcare institutions serving Southeast Los Angeles. St. Francis is dedicated to providing vital healthcare services for the 700,000 adults and 300,000 children who count on the hospital for high quality and compassionate medical care. St. Francis is recognized for its full range of diagnostic and treatment services in specialties including Cardiovascular, Surgical, Orthopedics, Maternal-Child Health, Behavioral Health and Emergency and Trauma Care. In addition, the hospital offers a broad array of education and outreach programs that advance community health. St. Francis Medical Center is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, Approved STEMI Receiving Center for Los Angeles County, and designated Baby-Friendly healthcare facility by Baby-Friendly USA. Please visit www.stfrancismedicalcenter.com for more information.
The Operating Room Tech is responsible for the preparation of sterile supplies and instruments for each assigned procedure, maintaining sterile field during case and providing surgeon with sterile supplies and instruments during assigned procedures.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or related experience required for new hires effective April 2014.
2. Graduate of an ORT training program or on the job training with a minimum of 3 years experience (surgical setting preferred).
3. Experience in scrubbing minor and major procedures in the generalized surgical specialties, (i.e., GYN, General and Plastics).
4. Experience in scrubbing at least minor procedures in the specialty surgical areas (i.e., ortho, neuro, ENT, Uro. Etc.).
5. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf