At Landmark Medical Center, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, Landmark Medical Center is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Landmark Medical Center is a 214-bed acute care hospital in Woonsocket, RI and The Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island is an 82-bed rehabilitation hospital in North Smithfield, RI. The hospital has been “A”rated for patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and has received numerous Healthgrades awards for patient safety excellence, heart care, and orthopedics. Originally known as the "Woonsocket Hospital," Landmark Medical Center has been serving the communities of northern Rhode Island and southern Massachusetts since 1873. Learn more at www.landmarkmedical.org.
The Occupational Medicine / Employee Health Patient Care Tech (PCT) performs a variety of functions that facilitate the delivery of excellent patient care within the department. The PCT is a certified clinician (nursing assistant, emergency medical technician, medical assistant, or similar.) Additionally, the PCT performs a wide variety of clerical functions and possess diverse computer/technical skills. The PCT collaborates with allied healthcare professionals as a member of the treatment team to provide exemplary customer service. Clinical tasks that may be performed by the PCT on a daily basis include measurement of vital signs, collecting specimens for laboratory testing, application or removal of bandages and simple dressings, performance of diagnostic testing within the scope of the department’s services, assisting providers during clinical procedures, and administration of limited vaccinations and medications under the direct supervision of nursing staff. The PCT may be called upon to render care outside the normal work area, either at an alternate hospital campus or at other client locations elsewhere in the community. Clerical duties performed by the PCT include assembling charts, entering data into medical records, contacting patients or their employers as needed within the constraints of applicable privacy/HIPAA regulations, conversion of paper records to electronic via scanning, scheduling appointments, monitoring the need for follow-up care and communicating it appropriately to ensure continuity of care, and maintenance of numerous electronic databases, spreadsheets, electronic records, and other computerized resources.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current unrestricted Rhode Island licensure as a Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Medical Assistant, or related professional discipline required.
2. Certification or evidence of training and experience with venous/capillary blood sampling (phlebotomy) and 12-lead EKG performance required.
3. Minimum six (6) months experience in an outpatient or out-of-hospital clinical setting preferred; or an equivalent amount of experience in a comparable role within a similar environment.
4. High School diploma or equivalent required.
5. Knowledge of theory, techniques and practices of employee/occupational health preferred.
6. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills are essential.
7. The ability to utilize computer equipment and various software is required as is experience with other types of standard office equipment. Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office productivity software is required and will be validated during interview.
8. Knowledge of medical terminology required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf