Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! St. Francis Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
St. Francis Medical Center is one of the leading comprehensive healthcare institutions serving Southeast Los Angeles. St. Francis is dedicated to providing vital healthcare services for the 700,000 adults and 300,000 children who count on the hospital for high quality and compassionate medical care. St. Francis is recognized for its full range of diagnostic and treatment services in specialties including Cardiovascular, Surgical, Orthopedics, Maternal-Child Health, Behavioral Health and Emergency and Trauma Care. In addition, the hospital offers a broad array of education and outreach programs that advance community health. St. Francis Medical Center is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, Approved STEMI Receiving Center for Los Angeles County, and designated Baby-Friendly healthcare facility by Baby-Friendly USA. Please visit www.stfrancismedicalcenter.com for more information.
The RCPIII - Neonatal Respiratory Care Practitioner performs acute clinical care to the neonate / newborn including a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, common sense and initiative to apply prescribed procedures, treatments and testing to the newborn and pediatric patient in a safe and professional manner. The Neonatal RCP assumes responsibility for delivering all respiratory care in the Perinatal area (NICU, Nursery, Labor and Delivery and ER) as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Must be a graduate of JRCTE approved program for Respiratory Therapy, two year program preferred.
2. Associate Degree or Bachelor of Science degree preferred
3. High School Diploma or equivalent is required
CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS
1. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the NBRC or be a CRT with a minimum of two (2) years previous NICU experience.
2. May be CRT or RRT that has completed an NICU orientation at the facility NICU under the guidance of the NICU Coordinator.
3. Must be currently licensed by the State as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
4. Possess a Perinatal /Pediatric Specialty Certificate from NBRC (preferred).
5. Must have current certification in BCLS.
6. Must have current certification in NRP.
7. Must have PALS and ACLS certification upon hire.
8. Additional credentials are preferred (CPFT, RPFT, ACCS etc.).
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
1. Must have two (2) years general experience providing respiratory care in a acute care hospital under medical direction.
2. Must have two (2) years clinical experience providing neonatal respiratory care in an autonomous / expanded role in a level II or level III NICU or have completed a training program at The facility NICU.
3. Must be able to communicate in a knowledgeable and articulate manner with physicians and nurses regarding patient status and care.
4. Must be able to work with other hospital personnel in a professional and tactful manner.
5. Must be able to deal with the public (including the patient's visitors) in a professional manner as they relate to the questions or concerns regarding the patient’s condition or status of care.
6. Must be able to professionally complete all required paperwork (patient records, charting, policy/procedure, evaluations and billing etc.).
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf