St. Mary's General Hospital, located in Passaic, NJ, is a community-based tertiary medical center focused on providing quality, compassionate care. It is an acute care hospital providing a broad range of services including cardiovascular services as well as a comprehensive program for cancer care. The hospital is also a center of excellence for maternal-child health and outpatient behavioral health services. It is the only hospital in Passaic and with over 550 physicians and 1,000 employees, and is one of the largest employers in the county. Every member of the St. Mary's General team is committed to providing respectful, personalized, high-quality care. St. Mary's General Hospital is a member of Prime Healthcare, which has been lauded as a "Top 15 Healthcare System" by Truven Health Analytics. For information, visit www.smh-nj.com.
The Patient Care Assistant assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to all patients and assists in maintenance of a safe environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Current Phlebotomy certification upon hire, preferred.
3. Current EKG certification upon hire, preferred.
4. Current BLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current. 5. Possesses knowledge of Medical Terminology.
6. Minimum six months previous experience in an acute care hospital or physicis office preferred.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current per facility requirement.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf