Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Desert Valley Medical Group is affiliated with Desert Valley Hospital, one of the nation’s “100 Top Hospitals” and “A” rated for patient safety. We offer incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
The Scribe’s primary role is to support patient flow by assisting the Physician with documentation as it relates to the patient’s medical record, tracking of results, and documentation of the defined plan of care on patients of all age groups. Works collaboratively to support other healthcare providers to create a professional environment of care.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High school diploma or equivalency.
2. Successful completion of Medical Terminology and college level Anatomy & Physiology course preferred. In lieu of a course, candidate may demonstrate proficiency in medical terminology gained through prior work or academic experience.
3. Two (2) or more years' experience as a medical scribe in a hospital setting or in a general clinic preferred.
4. Proficient in computer skills and data entry.
5. Ability to transcribe notes on a tablet.
6. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively and legibly in English.
7. Ability to work and ability to handle stress well including the ability to prioritize tasks
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf