At Landmark Medical Center, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, Landmark Medical Center is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Landmark Medical Center is a 214-bed acute care hospital in Woonsocket, RI and The Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island is an 82-bed rehabilitation hospital in North Smithfield, RI. The hospital has been “A”rated for patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and has received numerous Healthgrades awards for patient safety excellence, heart care, and orthopedics. Originally known as the "Woonsocket Hospital," Landmark Medical Center has been serving the communities of northern Rhode Island and southern Massachusetts since 1873. Learn more at www.landmarkmedical.org.
CDS Trainee is responsible for conducting clinically based concurrent and retrospective reviews of inpatient medical records to evaluate the clinical documentation is reflective of quality of care outcomes and reimbursement compliance for acute care services provided. CDS Trainee will work closely with the medical staff to facilitate appropriate clinical documentation of patient care. Other responsibilities include conducting documentation for inpatient admission criteria, initial and extended-stay concurrent reviews on all selected admissions and documenting findings. Additional duties as provided.
Education and Work Experience
1. Medical Graduate, PA or Nursing Graduate.
2. Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in an acute care setting.
3. Knowledge of care delivery documentation systems and related medical record documents.
4. Knowledge of age-specific needs and the elements of disease processes and related procedures.
5. Strong broad-based clinical knowledge and understanding of pathology / physiology of disease processes.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent critical thinking skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective partnering relationships with physicians, nurse staff and hospital management staff.
8. Working knowledge of inpatient admission criteria.
9. Ability to work independently in a time-oriented environment.
10. Computer literacy and familiarity with the operation of basic office equipment.
11. Assertive personality traits to facilitate ongoing physician communication.
1. Working knowledge of Medicare reimbursement system and coding structures preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf