Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Riverview Regional Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Located in Gadsden, Alabama, Riverview Regional Medical Center is a 281-bed acute-care hospital serving more than 350,000 residents in Etowah and surrounding counties. A full range of services and programs are offered, including the only accredited Cath Lab in Northeast Alabama, Sleep Lab, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center, and the Women's Diagnostic Imaging Center. Riverview Regional Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission and is rated among the top 5% of hospitals in the nation for patient safety. Riverview is also the area’s highest rated hospital, receiving Four-Stars from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). Originally named Holy Name of Jesus Hospital, Riverview Regional Medical Center was founded in 1917 by the Sisters of the Missionary Servants of the Most Blessed Trinity. To learn more about Riverview Regional Medical Center and the services it provides, visit www.riverviewregional.com.
The Patient Care Assistant assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to all patients and assists in maintenance of a safe environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Current Phlebotomy certification upon hire, preferred.
3. Current EKG certification upon hire, preferred.
4. Current BLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
5. Possesses knowledge of Medical Terminology.
6. Minimum six months previous experience in an acute care hospital or physician’s office preferred.
7. Certified Nursing Assistant License upon hire required.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current per facility requirement.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf