Join our team of dedicated professionals who provide services and operational support to award winning hospitals through roles in supply chain, IT and cybersecurity, clinical engineering, capital procurement, medical coding, project management and more. We provide services to clinically excellent community hospitals across the country that are dedicated to ensuring quality, compassionate care for every patient, every time.
At Biomedical Services, Inc., the Director of Shared Services will be responsible for working directly with the leadership team across a wide range of functions to plan, direct and coordinate strategic corporate projects and initiatives, developing financial and operational plans, participating in and identifying performance improvement activities; improving the quality of engineering and servicing department and supervising overall corporate business support operations, administration, special projects. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and directing a cross functional, centralized team to support the operational needs such as engineering management, capital planning, purchased services, supply chain, contract management, application support, purchasing, data analytics. He/she will play a critical role in evaluating the company’s most important initiatives and provide valuable insight and analysis to ensure streamlined and cost-effective services are provided and assess the strategic initiatives of the company. Promotes efficient use and management of all resources and develops new and innovative processes. Provides administrative/business support to VP and communicates effectively with and maintain productive and effective working relationships with organization staff and management in accomplishing goals and objectives. Proactively identifies customer needs and manage resources as necessary to ensure smooth daily biomed operations. Build and work internally with inter and intra departmental VP’s, Directors, Managers to enhance business performance and customer experience assuring all regulatory standards are met.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering/Business Administration/Related discipline with 7 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering/Business Administration/Related discipline with 10 years of experience
2. Minimum 5 years of experience in project management in a healthcare setting, managing mid to high level projects is required.
3. Minimum 5 years of experience in purchased services and contract management that include negotiating with vendors, reviewing contracts, reducing cost, contract consolidation is required.
4. Working knowledge of CMMS such as Nuvolo, ERP systems such as Lawson, Capital requisition systems such as eRequester is required.
5. Experience working with cross functional teams is preferred.
6. Must be able to work in and have work experience working in very complex organization structures (combination of Administration, Engineering, Operations, IT and Clinical).
7. Experience in analyzing life-cycle of medical equipment required. Demonstrated knowledge in undertaking in-house maintenance/service contract assessments and asset utilization studies.
8. Process improvement skills required.
9. Knowledge of relevant TJC, DNV, HFAP, CAP, NFPA, CMS, HIPAA and other applicable standards and regulations required.
10. Strong leadership, team building, coaching/staff development and interpersonal skills.
11. Strong planning and organization, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
12. Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend solution.
13. Good general business skills, high degree of confidentiality, maturity, tactfulness and business ethics. High degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity.
14. Strong written and verbal communications skills
15. Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
16. Ability to write reports and make presentations on operational and technical issues.
17. Strong computer skills (MS Office, Clinical applications, CMMS systems) and understanding of SQL database table structures.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf