Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Huntington Beach Hospital, a member of the Prime Healthcare Foundation, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Founded in 1967, Huntington Beach Hospital is a 131-bed acute-care community hospital. As the only hospital in Huntington Beach, Huntington Beach Hospital is proud to be the community hospital serving the residents of Huntington Beach and the surrounding area for the past 50 years. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, and with nearly 200 physicians and more than 400 healthcare and other professionals on staff, our team is committed to providing outstanding service in a safe, comfortable, and caring environment. Learn more at https://www.hbhospital.org/.
Under the direction and authorization of the medical director and cardiopulmonary director, the RCP II is responsible for performing respiratory therapeutic and pulmonary diagnostic procedures as ordered by the physician. Emphasis will be toward the assessment, planning, implementation and documentation of care, with consideration of age and population specific needs and requirements of the patient. In the absence of a supervisor, may be assigned/identified as Lead RCP, having responsibility for the section or department during their shift.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. State Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) License required
2. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) required
4. 2 years experience as an RCP preferred.
5. ACLS certificate within 60 day of hire and maintain current.
6. NRP certificate preferred
7. PALS certificate within 60 days of hire and maintain current.
8. Associate Degree or Bachelor of Science degree preferred
9. High School Diploma or equivalent is required
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf