Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Southern Regional Medical Center, a member of the Prime Healthcare Foundation, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Southern Regional Medical Center is a non-profit, 331-bed community hospital serving the residents of Clayton County and Southern Atlanta communities. The hospital offers a complete line of services including Senior Care and Senior Behavioral Health Services; Emergency Services; Heart and Vascular; Advanced Imaging; Laboratory; Neuroscience Services; Rehabilitation; Sleep Diagnostic Center; Surgery/Robotic Surgery; Wound Care; and Women's Health Services, including a Level III NICU. The hospital is accredited as a Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center. Learn more at southernregional.org.
- The paramedic is directly accountable for the care given to patients in the Emergency Department.
- He / She communicates with the physician about the changes in the patient's clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and symptomatology.
- Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies.
- An ERT-II is trained in emergency medicine care in accordance with standards prescribed by the Georgia Composite State Board.
- A paramedic performs a wide range of life-saving techniques in a variety of conditions and is a specialist in pre-hospital emergency department care.
- An ERT-II at this level will work as a member of an emergency medical team performing advanced life support procedures and other procedures as directed by a licensed physician and registered nurse.
- Performs paraprofessional tasks in providing basic life support and in performing advanced life support.
- Employees at this level are assigned to all areas of the Emergency Department.
Education and Work Experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
#Paramedic #ERT #emergencymedicine #emergency #ER #ED #EMTALA #advanced life support #ALS #now hiring #hospital #PALS #ENPC