Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Southern Regional Medical Center, a member of the Prime Healthcare Foundation, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Southern Regional Medical Center is a non-profit, 331-bed community hospital serving the residents of Clayton County and Southern Atlanta communities. The hospital offers a complete line of services including Senior Care and Senior Behavioral Health Services; Emergency Services; Heart and Vascular; Advanced Imaging; Laboratory; Neuroscience Services; Rehabilitation; Sleep Diagnostic Center; Surgery/Robotic Surgery; Wound Care; and Women's Health Services, including a Level III NICU. The hospital is accredited as a Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center. Learn more at southernregional.org.
Emergency Medical Technician is responsible for the assessment and basic management of medical, trauma and environmental emergencies under the supervision of the staff nurse and / or physician. Assists with patient care based on individual patient needs within the scope of practice. Assists in maintenance of a safe environment and performs under the direction and supervision of the ED Registered Nurse or Charge Nurse.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or related experience required for new hires effective April 2014.
2. Basic EMT Training or E.R. experience required.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within six (6) months of hire and maintain current.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
2. Current PALS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
3. Certified/Licensed EMT by the state certifying agency/entity required
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
#emt #firstresponder #emergency #er #ed #ambulance #trauma #hospital #trauma #nowhiring #paramedic @pals #acls