Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community! Garden City Hospital, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Garden City Hospital is a 176-bed community hospital delivering high-quality comprehensive care at the Main Hospital location, in addition to a second ER at the Westland Community Health Center. In addition to being recognized among the "100 Top Hospitals" in the nation by Fortune/Merative, the hospital has been ranked nationally for clinical excellence with a 5-Star Overall Quality Award ™ from Healthgrades and recognized with Five Star Awards for pacemaker procedures, hip fracture treatment, gallbladder removal surgery and treatment of sepsis. Garden City Hospital has earned HFAP certification as a primary stroke center and Gold Plus standing from the American Heart Association, and is a Blue Shield of Michigan Blue Distinction Center for Hip & Knee Replacement and Maternity Care. Garden City Hospital is also recognized as a teaching hospital, offering medical education to students, residents and fellows from across the country. For more information, visit www.gch.org.
To provide emotional support, crisis intervention and counseling for Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults, Older Adults and their significant others to cope with a multiplicity of social and emotional problems; information and referral; referrals for financial assistance and supportive services to patients and families with problems that are related to treatment services, illness, disability or trauma. To provide case management & milieu management, complete psychosocial assessments, assist in the development and re-evaluation of Treatment Plans and work as a member of an interdisciplinary team, and to coordinate discharge planning. Complete necessary documentation and maintain clinical record for each client during his/her length of stay.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING:
1. Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Licensed Professional Clinical Councilor or related field.
2. In states requiring license, required upon hire and maintain current in accordance with state regulations. In states without a licensure requirement, current registration for with appropriate state board required and/or under clinical supervision to meet clinical hours required for licensure.
3. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention within 3months of hire and maintain current annually.
5. Minimum one (1) year Inpatient l or Outpatient Behavioral Health experience. Experience in working with a diverse population with a wide range of problems (i.e., death and dying, maternal and child care, substance abuse, disability, chronic illness, etc.).
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf