Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community! Garden City Hospital, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Garden City Hospital is a 176-bed community hospital delivering high-quality comprehensive care at the Main Hospital location, in addition to a second ER at the Westland Community Health Center. In addition to being recognized among the "100 Top Hospitals" in the nation by Fortune/Merative, the hospital has been ranked nationally for clinical excellence with a 5-Star Overall Quality Award ™ from Healthgrades and recognized with Five Star Awards for pacemaker procedures, hip fracture treatment, gallbladder removal surgery and treatment of sepsis. Garden City Hospital has earned HFAP certification as a primary stroke center and Gold Plus standing from the American Heart Association, and is a Blue Shield of Michigan Blue Distinction Center for Hip & Knee Replacement and Maternity Care. Garden City Hospital is also recognized as a teaching hospital, offering medical education to students, residents and fellows from across the country. For more information, visit www.gch.org.
The Unit Secretary is directly accountable to the Director of Behavioral Health Services, and indirectly to the Charge Nurse and/or House Supervisor. The Unit Secretary is an unlicensed person who performs indirect care in the department setting. Facilitates the communication needs of the department. Transcribes physician orders from records (in the absence of CPOE and EMR clinical documentation system) with notation and signature by nursing staff. Prepares and compiles records on the Behavioral Health Unit. Orders supplies for the unit, prepares and completes each patient's chart for necessary forms needed on a daily basis. Able to assist nursing staff for duties involving indirect patient care.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or relevant experience required for all new hires, effective April 2014.
2. Medical terminology preferred.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within 6 months of hire and maintain current.
5. Working knowledge of the continuum of care for Behavioral Health preferred.
6. Patient Rights Education/Competency within 60 days of hire and maintain current as deemed necessary.
7. Two years experience using computers for word processing, database management and spreadsheets preferred; (Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook & Excel preferred).
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf