Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community! Knapp Medical Center, a member of the Prime Healthcare Foundation, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Knapp Medical Center is an award-winning, not-for-profit hospital in Weslaco, Texas. With 227 beds, the community hospital specializes in emergency care, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynecology, wound care, surgery, cardiology, gastroenterology, critical care, and interventional radiology. Knapp serves as the only acute care hospital in the Mid-Valley area, as well as Weslaco's only Level III Trauma Center, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, and Level II Newborn Nursery. Knapp has been providing quality and compassionate healthcare to Mid-Valley residents for 60 years. More than 300 physicians serve on the hospital's medical staff. Knapp also serves as one of the largest employers in the Mid-Valley, employing more than 450 people. For more information, please call 956-968-8567 or visit www.KnappMed.org.
Emergency Medical Technician is responsible for the assessment and basic management of medical, trauma and environmental emergencies under the supervision of the staff nurse and / or physician. Assists with patient care based on individual patient needs within the scope of practice; Assists in maintenance of a safe environment and performs under the direction and supervision of the ED Registered Nurse or Charge Nurse.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or related experience required for new hires effective April 2014.
2. Basic EMT Training or E.R. experience required.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within six (6) months of hire and maintain current.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
2. Current PALS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
3. Certified/Licensed EMT by the state certifying agency/entity required
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf