Located in lovely Southern Texas, Harlingen Medical Center has a long history of serving the community's healthcare needs. Every day, we as a team endeavor to provide comprehensive, quality healthcare in a convenient, compassionate and cost-effective manner.
As an employee you will be given the opportunity not only to give our patient’s exceptional care but, the ability to grow within an organization that strives to give back to the community in which they serve.
Harlingen Medical Center prides itself in rewarding its employees with a comprehensive, competitive benefits package designed to provide employees with the flexibility to tailor benefits according to their needs.
Come Join a Team of dedicated Healthcare Workers!!!
The position of CST/First Assistant reports to the Clinical Supervisor Surgical Services in the Surgery department/unit at Harlingen Medical Center. The mission of the Surgery Department is to provide a 24/7 high touch, high tech and efficient environment for our patients requiring elective, urgent or emergent surgical intervention. The Clinical Supervisor Surgery supports this mission by providing leadership in all aspects of operations and collaborating with all levels of leadership to achieve organizational goals.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Certification in Surgical Technology/Certified First Assistant.
2. Successful completion of a training program in a recognized First Assistant program.
3. Five years’ experience in an acute care operating room in the scrub role, preferred.
• Must be proficient in the following specialties: Major Vascular, Thoracic, Open Heart, Orthopedics, OB/GYN, General
4. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider affirmation by American Heart Association.
5. Basic computer skills.
#LI-MA1 #CERTIFIED #SURGICAL #TECH
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf