At Sherman Oaks Hospital, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of the Prime Healthcare Foundation, Sherman Oaks Hospital is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Sherman Oaks Hospital is a 153-bed, not-for-profit, acute-care community hospital located in Sherman Oaks, California. Staffed with over 500 employees and an extraordinary team of physicians, the hospital is recognized for advanced technology and compassionate care and provides 24/7 emergency care in addition to a full range of specialized medical, surgical, and diagnostic services to improve and save lives. Sherman Oaks Hospital has been nationally recognized multiple times as a "100 Top Hospital" by Fortune/Merative, holds an "A" grade in patient safety from The Leapfrog Group, Patient Safety Excellence recognition from Healthgrades, and more. For more information, visit www.shermanoakshospital.org.
Emergency Medical Technician is responsible for the assessment and basic management of medical, trauma and environmental emergencies under the supervision of the staff nurse and / or physician. Assists with patient care based on individual patient needs within the scope of practice; Assists in maintenance of a safe environment and performs under the direction and supervision of the ED Registered Nurse or Charge Nurse.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or related experience required for new hires effective April 2014.
2. Basic EMT Training or E.R. experience required.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within six (6) months of hire and maintain current.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
2. Current PALS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
3. Certified/Licensed EMT by the state certifying agency/entity required
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you E16need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf