Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community! Alvarado Hospital, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Alvarado Hospital is a 306-bed full-service acute care hospital centrally located in San Diego adjacent to San Diego State University. Ranked in the top 5% nationally for patient safety, the hospital has also been ranked among America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™, Spine Surgery™ and Critical Care™. Alvarado Hospital offers more than 25 programs and services, including the Advanced Spine & Joint Institute, cardiac services, San Diego Rehabilitation Institute outpatient rehabilitation, sexual medicine, geriatric-psychiatric care, vascular services, and an Emergency Department that is accredited for geriatric care. To learn more, visit www.AlvaradoHospital.com.
SOCIAL SERVICES II: To provide emotional support, crisis intervention and counseling for Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults, Older Adults and their significant others to cope with a multiplicity of social and emotional problems; information and referral; referrals for financial assistance and supportive services to patients and families with problems that are related to hospitalization, illness, disability or trauma. To provide case management & milieu management, complete psychosocial assessments, assist in the development and re-evaluation of Treatment Plans and work as a member of a multidisciplinary team, and to coordinate discharge planning. Complete necessary documentation and maintain clinical record for each client during his/her length of stay.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work related field OR
2. Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy or related field.
3. In states without required licensure, then current registration with State Board is required within 3 months of hire. In states with required licensure, license required at time of hire and must be maintained.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention Training within 3 months of hire and maintain current.
5. Minimum one (1) year hospital or Outpatient experience with emphasis in mental health care.
6. Experience in working with a diverse population with a wide range of problems (i.e., death and dying, maternal and child care, substance abuse, disability, chronic illness, etc.).
1. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf