Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community! Harlingen Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Harlingen Medical Center is a nationally-recognized and award-winning general acute care hospital. The Level IV Trauma Designated hospital specializes in bariatrics, cardiology, emergency medicine, gastroenterology, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynecology, and wound care. Harlingen has received an “A” rating from The Leapfrog Group and among the “50 top Performing Cardiovascular Hospitals” according to Fortune/IBM Watson Health. The hospital has received numerous awards from Healthgrades in orthopedics, cardiology, women’s services and more. For information, please visit www.harlingenmedicalcenter.com.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing care in Telemetry. The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her patients in the Emergency Department. They communicate with the physician about the changes in the patient’s clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is capable of responding quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment. Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies and Hospital Social Worker. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state RN License.
2. Current BLS certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current ACLS certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
4. Current PALS certificate and/or ENPC 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
5. Minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse RN in an acute care hospital setting; E.R. setting preferred.
6. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
7. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
8. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. In Paramedic Base Station ED: MICN within 12 months of hire and maintain current.
2. EDAP certified facilities: Completion of emergency pediatric course 1 and 2 within 6 months of hire.
3. Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNNC) within 12 months of hire required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf