Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community! Harlingen Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Harlingen Medical Center is a nationally-recognized and award-winning general acute care hospital. The Level IV Trauma Designated hospital specializes in bariatrics, cardiology, emergency medicine, gastroenterology, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynecology, and wound care. Harlingen has received an “A” rating from The Leapfrog Group and among the “50 top Performing Cardiovascular Hospitals” according to Fortune/IBM Watson Health. The hospital has received numerous awards from Healthgrades in orthopedics, cardiology, women’s services and more. For information, please visit www.harlingenmedicalcenter.com.
The Certified Scrub Tech II (CST II) is responsible for the preparation of sterile supplies and instruments for each assigned procedure, maintaining sterile field during case and providing surgeon with sterile supplies and instruments during assigned procedures. The Certified Scrub Tech II demonstrates competency and proficiency as primary scrub in general, urology, GYN, eyes, vascular, ENT/Plastics, and ortho procedures, including but not limited to hand specialty basic spine procedures (laminectomies), sports medicine, and total joint/knee procedures or obstetrics. The employee will demonstrate independent practice in the role of primary scrub technician and will be able to assume the role of camera holder and retractor holder on any case, basic or complicated.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Graduate of a Certified Surgical Tech (CST) training program.
2. One year of experience in a surgical setting required.
3. Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Certification upon hire required and maintained for employment. Per Texas statutes, non-certified employees hired prior to 12/2014 are exempt from this requirement.
4. Current BLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
5. Demonstrated competency and proficiency as primary scrub in minor and major procedures in the generalized surgical specialties, (General, Urology, Eye (cataracts), Gynecology, orthopedic procedures, including but not limited to hand specialty, basic spine procedures (laminectomies), sports medicine, and total joint/knee procedures or obstetrics.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf