Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Southern Regional Medical Center, a member of the Prime Healthcare Foudnation, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Southern Regional Medical Center is a non-profit, 331-bed community hospital serving the residents of Clayton County and Southern Atlanta communities. The hospital offers a complete line of services including Senior Care and Senior Behavioral Health Services; Emergency Services; Heart and Vascular; Advanced Imaging; Laboratory; Neuroscience Services; Rehabilitation; Sleep Diagnostic Center; Surgery/Robotic Surgery; Wound Care; and Women's Health Services, including a Level III NICU. The hospital is accredited as a Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center. Learn more at southernregional.org.
Provides management support and coordination for all medical staff, medical education and continuing education services. Maintains productive, professional relationships with all levels of staff. Develops departmental plans, budgets and directs staff as appropriate. Maintains knowledge of the medical staff and medical education standards as related to deemed agencies, state law, and other regulations to assure compliance
Education and Work Experience
1. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent education/experience.
2. Certification from the National Association of Medical Staff Services as Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSM), required.
3. Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS), or equivalent, preferred.
4. Minimum of five years of management experience in one of the following venues: hospitals, managed care, credentialing verification organizations, or ambulatory care. Three years in medical staff services is required. Experience in working with governance processes is essential.
5. Must have strong computer, communication and writing skills with knowledge of medical terminology.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf