At St. Joseph Medical Center, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, St. Joseph Medical Center is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Founded in 1874 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, St. Joseph Medical Center has a long tradition of providing high-quality, compassionate care. Its Catholic heritage and the spirit of our founding Sisters continue today in our mission of caring for the community. The Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph is the Catholic Sponsor for St. Joseph Medical Center, under the leadership of his Excellency Bishop James V. Johnston, Jr.
St. Joseph Medical Center has received numerous awards for its quality and clinical excellence. We believe that continuous quality of care and performance improvements are the foundation for preserving and enhancing healthcare delivery.
The Director of Patient Access provides leadership, direction, and administration in all aspects of the Admitting department, which includes all registration functions within all areas of the hospital, Information Desk, financial counseling, Cashier processes, hospital mail processes as well as the PBX area.
Education and Work Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Accounting and three years of experience in a patient access leadership position in an acute care hospital required; or seven years patient access leadership experience in an acute care facility required.
2. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Must be able to demonstrate understanding of and ability to interpret third party payer principles and terms and COBRA laws. Strong organizational skills required for effective communication with patients, physicians, public, staff and administrations. Must be able to work in fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
4. Effective written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
5. Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs to meet required timelines
6. Analytical and problem-solving skills
7. Customer Services experience required
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
#admitting #admittingdirector #patientaccess #patientaccessdirector #director #hospital #hospitaljobs