Join our team of dedicated professionals who provide services and operational support to award winning hospitals through roles in supply chain, IT and cybersecurity, clinical engineering, capital procurement, medical coding, project management and more. We provide services to clinically excellent community hospitals across the country that are dedicated to ensuring quality, compassionate care for every patient, every time.
The Biomed Technician II provides medical equipment services under close supervision of BSI management. The Biomed Tech II is a front line employee who is visible to the clinician utilizing the patient care equipment included in the Medical Equipment Management Program. He/she is skilled in performing preventative maintenance, installing, testing, calibrating, and repairing biomedical equipment; while maintaining safe operations. Will regularly need to be available to work after hours and be scheduled for on call rotating schedule. This individual also, ensures that the biomedical equipment is in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and quality control standards. Often times will assist and train technicians and staff on medical equipment. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
1. Associate’s degree in Biomedical Engineering or related discipline plus 2 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
2. Knowledge of TJC, DNV, HFAP, CAP, NFPA, CMS, HIPAA, other applicable standards and regulations required.
3. High degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity.
4. Must exhibit a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
5. Strong written and verbal communications skills
6. Strong computer skills (MS Office, Clinical applications, CMMS systems).
7. Ability to troubleshoot, read schematics and/or blue prints.
8. Field related technical certifications (like A+, CBET, CCE or CHTM) preferred.
9. Valid driver’s license required.
10. Current DMV H6 report or Driving History Report
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf