Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community! Harlingen Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Harlingen Medical Center is a nationally-recognized and award-winning general acute care hospital. The Level IV Trauma Designated hospital specializes in bariatrics, cardiology, emergency medicine, gastroenterology, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynecology, and wound care. Harlingen has received an “A” rating from The Leapfrog Group and among the “50 top Performing Cardiovascular Hospitals” according to Fortune/IBM Watson Health. The hospital has received numerous awards from Healthgrades in orthopedics, cardiology, women’s services and more. For information, please visit www.harlingenmedicalcenter.com
The Patient Care Assistant II (PCA II) is an unlicensed person who performs indirect care in the department setting. The PCA II is responsible to monitor cardiac rhythms via direct cardiac monitor. May assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to all patients and assists in maintenance of a safe environment under the direction and supervision of the RN and within the scope of the Patient Care Assistant I (PCA I) job description as long as the activity does not distract from primary responsibility for dysrhythmia monitoring.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Current Dysrhythmia Interpretation Certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current
4. Six months previous experience as Monitor Technician preferred.
5. Current Phlebotomy certification upon hire, preferred.
6. Current EKG certification upon hire, preferred.
7. Possesses knowledge of Medical Terminology.
8. Minimum six months previous experience in an acute care hospital or physicians office preferred.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current per facility requirement.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf