Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Saint Mary's Medical Group is affiliated with Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center, one of the nation’s “100 Top Hospitals” and “A” rated for patient safety. We offer incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
The Business Office Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and influencing department activities and delivery of Business services while maintaining continuous quality improvement. The Manager maintains operations within budgetary parameters. Effectively interacts with patients, patients’ family, and health team members, while maintaining standards of professional business service. The Business Office manager is accountable to the Director of Business Services or Chief Financial Officer for the day-to-day management of personnel, including staffing, timekeeping, employee evaluations, counseling interviewing and selection of staff within established guidelines.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High school diploma or equivalent required (effective 4/1/14 for all new hires)
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred
3. Three to five years experience in health care business office preferred
4. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Must be able to demonstrate understanding of and ability to interpret third party payer principles and terms and COBRA laws. Strong organizational skills required for effective communication with patients, physicians, public, staff and administrations. Must be able to work in fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
5. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
6. Effective written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
7. Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs to meet required timelines
8. Analytical and problem-solving skills
9. Customer Services experience required
10. Working knowledge of computer systems, equipment and processes commonly performed within the Business Office area.
11. Knowledge of equipment and machines used in the Business Office
12. Well versed in billing and collection regulations and requirements by payer
13. Knowledge of Accounts Receivable, Medicare, Medical, HMO/PPO, Commercial and W/C Billing & Collections
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf