At Saint Clare's Health, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, Saint Clare's Health is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Saint Clare's Health includes CMS 5-Star Rated hospitals and is an award-winning provider of safe, high quality, compassionate care, serving the communities of Morris, Warren and Sussex counties. Its network of hospitals and healthcare facilities include Denville Hospital, Dover Hospital, Behavioral Health Centers in Boonton, Denville, and Parsippany, and an Imaging Center in Parsippany, among other satellite locations. The hospitals have received multiple quality awards including Leapfrog “A” ratings for patient safety; Healthgrades recognition for orthopedic surgery, treatment of stroke, heart care, various surgical procedures, and more. For information, visit www.saintclares.com.
The Unit Secretary is directly accountable to the Director of Behavioral Health Services, and indirectly to the Charge Nurse and/or House Supervisor. The Unit Secretary is an unlicensed person who performs indirect care in the department setting. Facilitates the communication needs of the department. Transcribes physician orders from records (in the absence of CPOE and EMR clinical documentation system) with notation and signature by nursing staff. Prepares and compiles records on the Behavioral Health Unit. Orders supplies for the unit, prepares and completes each patient's chart for necessary forms needed on a daily basis. Able to assist nursing staff for duties involving indirect patient care.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or relevant experience required for all new hires, effective April 2014.
2. Medical terminology preferred.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within 6 months of hire and maintain current.
5. Working knowledge of the continuum of care for Behavioral Health preferred.
6. Patient Rights Education/Competency within 60 days of hire and maintain current as deemed necessary.
7. Two years experience using computers for word processing, database management and spreadsheets preferred; (Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook & Excel preferred).
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Software Powered by iCIMS