Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Garden Grove Hospital Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Founded in 1982, Garden Grove Hospital Medical Center is a 167-bed community hospital centrally located in beautiful Southern California dedicated to providing our community with high-quality, compassionate healthcare. Garden Grove Hospital Medical Center has received “Top 100 Hospital” in the nation accolades from Truven Health Analytics and is a recipient of the Patient Safety Excellence Award from Healthgrades. Key services include general medical/surgical inpatient care and treatment, critical care, emergency services, orthopedics, maternity care, and wound care.
The facility offers a full spectrum of acute care services for the residents of Garden Grove and the surrounding communities. Located near the corner of Harbor and Garden Grove Boulevards, Garden Grove Hospital is close to the Disneyland Resort, the Anaheim Convention Center, and the many hotels situated in the area. For more information, visit gardengrovehospital.com.
Each individual performs only those waived, moderate, or highly complex tests authorized by CLIA, Bus. & Prof. Code Section 1204, and must possess a degree of skill commensurate with individual’s education, training or experience and technical abilities. Each individual performing the above procedures must:
1) adhere to the laboratory’s procedures for the collection, processing, analysis, and reporting of patient test results.
2) follow the laboratory’s established quality control policies and procedures in documenting all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications. 3) be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and either correct the problem or immediately notify your immediate supervisor, Director, or Medical Director, 4) perform a wide variety of laboratory procedures requiring independent judgment using both manual and automated methods in Hematology, Blood Bank, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Microbiology, Immunology, and any other discipline as introduced into the laboratory, 5) perform and document maintenance; daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed on instruments and equipment as appropriate, 6) review the accuracy of patient results prior to releasing or reporting, 7) recognize age specific differences in expected results for newborns to geriatrics, 8) ensure that the testing of proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples and that collaboration with other laboratories is prohibited prior to the reporting of proficiency testing results to the appropriate agencies, 9) may be required to perform venipuncture or capillary puncture on various age groups from newborn to geriatrics, 10) assist in the development and maintenance of laboratory policies and procedures, 11) adheres to all department and hospital policies and procedures related to safety, infection control, emergency preparedness, and human resources, 12) in the absence of a supervisor, may be assigned/identified as Lead Tech, having responsibility for the section or department during their shift, 13) may be assigned responsibilities related to LIS and/or POC. 14) other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned by the department manager/director.
Education and Work Experience
1. ASCP certification, or equivalent required
2. Minimum two years of hospital laboratory work experience
3. Bachelors Degree in chemical, physical, biological science, or Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited institution, or other educational requirements as stated in CLIA (42 CFR 493.1489)
4. Current and Valid State License if the laboratory is located in a state where required.
Garden Grove Hospital Medical Center offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that provides employees the flexibility to tailor benefits according to their individual needs. Our Total Rewards package includes, but is not limited to, paid time off, a 401K retirement plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, tuition reimbursement, and many more voluntary benefit options. Benefits may vary based on collective bargaining agreement requirements and/or the employment status, i.e. full-time or part-time. The current compensation range for this role is $38.00 to $51.07. The exact starting compensation to be offered will be determined at the time of selecting an applicant for hire, in which a wide range of factors will be considered, including but not limited to, skillset, years of applicable experience, education, credentials and licensure.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf