At Lake Huron Medical Center, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, a Top-15 hospital system in the United States, Lake Huron Medical Center is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Lake Huron Medical Center is a 144-bed community hospital that provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient health care services to residents of St. Clair and Sanilac counties including emergency services, cancer and comprehensive breast care, bariatric surgery, physical therapy and rehabilitation services, pulmonary rehabilitation, and specialized diabetes programs.
Lake Huron Medical Center affiliated with Lake Huron Medical Group which offers patient-centered care through primary and specialty care physician practices located throughout the Blue Water Area. Raising the bar for quality health care, Lake Huron Medical Center received the Women's Choice Award for Emergency Care, Leapfrog Group's grade "A" in hospital safety, Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award, rated five stars by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Hospital Accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards. Learn more at www.mylakehuron.com.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state RN License.
2. Current BLS certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current ACLS certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
4. Current PALS certificate and/or ENPC 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
5. Minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse RN in an acute care hospital setting; E.R. setting preferred.
6. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
7. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
8. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. In Paramedic Base Station ED: MICN within 12 months of hire and maintain current.
2. EDAP certified facilities: Completion of emergency pediatric course 1 and 2 within 6 months of hire.
3. Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNNC) within 12 months of hire required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf