At Lehigh Regional Medical Center, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, a Top-15 hospital system in the United States, Lehigh Regional Medical Center is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Lehigh Regional Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission with the Gold Seal of Approval as a 53-bed acute-care community hospital. The hospital provides specialty care services that include Emergency Services, Cardiology, Critical Care, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Nephrology, and Orthopedics, delivering patient-centered healthcare with dignity and respect for all. For more information visit www.lehighregional.com.
The Patient Care Assistant assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to all patients and assists in maintenance of a safe environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Current Phlebotomy certification upon hire, preferred.
3. Current EKG certification upon hire, preferred.
4. Current BLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
5. Possesses knowledge of Medical Terminology.
6. Minimum six months previous experience in an acute care hospital or physician’s office preferred.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current per facility requirement.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf