At North Vista Hospital, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, a Top-15 hospital system in the United States, North Vista Hospital is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
North Vista Hospital is an accredited 177-bed state-of-the-art hospital located in North Las Vegas, Nevada. North Vista offers comprehensive healthcare services, including mental health care, emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, diagnostic imaging and help for a broad range of medical conditions. Equipped with advanced medical technology and staffed by a team of highly skilled healthcare professionals, North Vista is committed to providing high-quality care in a friendly hospital environment. The hospital has achieved numerous quality award distinctions including Patient Safety Excellence Award, Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award, Heart Failure recognition and more. For more information, please visit www.northvistahospital.com.
Registered nurses (RNs) perform basic duties that include treating patients, educating patients about mental and medical conditions, and providing advice and emotional support to patients’ and/or family members, running therapeutic groups, psychiatric crisis intervention, seclusion and restraint of patients. RNs record patients’ medical histories and symptoms, help to perform diagnostic tests and analyze results, operate medical machinery, administer treatment and medications, and help with patient follow-up and rehabilitation. RNs teach patients and their families how to manage their illness or injury, diet and exercise programs, and self-administration of medication and physical therapy. Other related duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Must have current and valid State license as a Registered Nurse
2. BLS upon hire and maintain current.
3. Working knowledge of Mental Health Laws and practice standards.
4. Working knowledge of interdisciplinary treatment team process, behavioral health programming and daily nursing functions for inpatient and outpatient behavioral health units.
5. Working knowledge of the continuum of care for behavioral health care.
6. Behavioral Violence Prevention within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
7. At least 2 years of acute care experience.
8. Work expectations are 8 six-hour shifts/month with at least 4 on the weekend.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Software Powered by iCIMS