St. Mary's General Hospital, located in Passaic, NJ, is a community-based tertiary medical center focused on providing quality, compassionate care. It is an acute care hospital providing a broad range of services including cardiovascular services as well as a comprehensive program for cancer care. The hospital is also a center of excellence for maternal-child health and outpatient behavioral health services. It is the only hospital in Passaic and with over 550 physicians and 1,000 employees, and is one of the largest employers in the county. Every member of the St. Mary's General team is committed to providing respectful, personalized, high-quality care. St. Mary's General Hospital is a member of Prime Healthcare, which has been lauded as a "Top 15 Healthcare System" by Truven Health Analytics. For information, visit www.smh-nj.com.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing care in Telemetry. The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her patients in the Emergency Department. He / She communicates with the physician about the changes in the patient’s clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is capable of responding quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment. Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies and Hospital Social Worker. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
Education and Work Experience
1. Current and valid state RN License.
2. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
4. Current PALS (AHA) certificate and/or ENPC 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
5. Minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse RN in an acute care hospital setting; E.R. setting preferred.
6. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
7. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
8. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. In Paramedic Base Station ED: MICN within 12 months of hire and maintain current.
2. EDAP certified facilities: Completion of emergency pediatric course 1 and 2 within 6 months of hire.
3. Non OB facilities: NRP (AHA) certificate 90 days upon hire and maintain current.
4. Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNNC) within 12 months of hire required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Software Powered by iCIMS