Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community! Dallas Regional Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Dallas Regional Medical Center is a 202-bed acute care hospital accredited by The Joint Commission that offers a wide range of medical services including 24/7 emergency care, cardiology, wound care, surgical services, cardiac catheterization, and imaging. The hospital is the only Certified Stroke Center, Accredited Chest Pain Center, and Labor and Delivery Unit in the area. In addition, Dallas Regional is the only Trauma Center for 13 miles, and was the first Accredited Geriatric Emergency Room in Dallas County. The hospital is a recipient of Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Awards, 15 Healthgrades Five-Star ratings over the past three years, and Straight "A" Hospital Safety Grades from The Leapfrog Group since 2018. For more information visit www.dallasregionalmedicalcenter.com.
CDS Trainee is responsible for conducting clinically based concurrent and retrospective reviews of inpatient medical records to evaluate the clinical documentation is reflective of quality of care outcomes and reimbursement compliance for acute care services provided. CDS Trainee will work closely with the medical staff to facilitate appropriate clinical documentation of patient care. Other responsibilities include conducting documentation for inpatient admission criteria, initial and extended-stay concurrent reviews on all selected admissions and documenting findings. Additional duties as provided.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Medical Graduate, PA or Nursing Graduate.
2. Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in an acute care setting.
3. Knowledge of care delivery documentation systems and related medical record documents.
4. Knowledge of age-specific needs and the elements of disease processes and related procedures.
5. Strong broad-based clinical knowledge and understanding of pathology / physiology of disease processes.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent critical thinking skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective partnering relationships with physicians, nurse staff and hospital management staff.
8. Working knowledge of inpatient admission criteria.
9. Ability to work independently in a time-oriented environment.
10. Computer literacy and familiarity with the operation of basic office equipment.
11. Assertive personality traits to facilitate ongoing physician communication.
1. Working knowledge of Medicare reimbursement system and coding structures preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Software Powered by iCIMS