At Centinela Hospital Medical Center, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, a Top-15 hospital system in the United States, Centinela Hospital Medical Center is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Centinela Hospital Medical Center has been serving the communities of Inglewood and the wider Los Angeles area for nearly 100 years. An award-winning facility, ranking in the top 5% nationally for quality and patient safety, Centinela Hospital is a 362-bed acute-care hospital with a 24-hour emergency department and primary stroke center, orthopedic care, advanced cardiac services, critical care services, robotics surgery program, inpatient and outpatient rehab programs, labor and delivery, and more. Centinela has earned hundreds of national awards and recognitions, including "100 Top Hospital" recognition from Fortune/Merative and straight 'A's (2018-2022) for hospital safety from The Leapfrog Group. For more information, visit www.centinelamed.com.
The Neonatal Respiratory Care Supervisor shall be responsible for the clinical operation of the Neonatal Respiratory Therapy Department. General responsibilities are to coordinate, evaluate and supervise the quality and delivery of neonatal respiratory therapy, to be available as an educational resource person to the hospital, to be responsible for policy and procedure for the Neonatal Respiratory Therapy Department and to assist the Director of Respiratory Therapy with annual budget and capital equipment for the NICU. Additional responsibilities are to provide education and support to the Neonatal Medical Staff. The NICU Respiratory Supervisor will be responsible to proctor, educate, assess and approve the clinical competency of the NICU Staff pertaining to Respiratory Care procedures under the approval and direction of the NICU medical Director. The Neonatal Respiratory Care Supervisor also provides staff support at the patient care level in the NICU for special procedures ect. and patient care at the job classification of the Neonatal Respiratory Care Practitioner.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be a graduate of JRCTE approved program for Respiratory Therapy, two year program preferred.
2. AS or BS degree preferred.
CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS
1. Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RTT) by the NBRC.
2. Must be currently licensed by the State of California as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
3. Must have Perinatal /Pediatric Specialty Certificate from NBRC.
4. Must have current certification in BCLS.
5. Must have current instructor certification in NRP.
6. Additional credentials are preferred ( CPFT,RPFT, PALS, ACLS ect.).
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
1. Must have two (2) years general experience providing respiratory care in a acute care hospital under medical direction.
2. Must have two (2) clinical and supervisory experience providing neonatal respiratory care in an autonomous / expanded role in a level II or level III NICU.
3. Must be able to communicate in a knowledgeable and articulate manner with physicians and nurses regarding patient status and care.
4. Must be able to work with other hospital personnel in a professional and tactful manner.
5. Must be able to deal with the public (including the patient's visitors) in a professional manner as they relate to the questions or concerns regarding the patients condition or status of care.
6. Must be able to professioally complete all required paperwork (patient records, charting, policy / procedure, evaluations and billing ect.).
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Centinela Hospital Medical Center offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that provides employees the flexibility to tailor benefits according to their individual needs. Our Total Rewards package includes, but is not limited to, paid time off, a 401K retirement plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, tuition reimbursement, and many more voluntary benefit options. A reasonable compensation estimate for this role, which includes estimated wages, benefits, and other forms of compensation, is $36.68 to $51.36. The exact starting compensation to be offered will be determined at the time of selecting an applicant for hire, in which a wide range of factors will be considered, including but not limited to, skillset, years of applicable experience, education, credentials and licensure.
Software Powered by iCIMS