Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! St. Mary's Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
St. Mary's Medical Center is a faith-based, 146-bed teaching hospital located in Blue Springs, Missouri, providing a wide range of acute care and outpatient services from a 24-hour Emergency Department to state-of-the-art imaging and cardiovascular care. Key services include the St. Mary's Heart Center, Stroke Center, Breast Center, Wound Center, Joint and Spine Institute and Surgical Institutes and Inpatient Rehabilitation Center. It is a member of Prime Healthcare, an award-winning national hospital system. For more information, call 816-228-5900 or visit stmaryskc.com.
The paramedic is directly accountable for the care given to patients in the Emergency Department. He / She communicates with the physician about the changes in the patients clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment. Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid paramedic license issued by the State of Missouri.
2. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. ACLS 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
4. PALS and/or ENPC required 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
5. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
6. Minimum of one year as a paramedic in an EMS or in an acute care hospital setting; E.R. setting preferred.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Non OB facilities: NRP 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Software Powered by iCIMS