At South Kansas City Surgery Center, our dedicated team of professionals is committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. Affiliated with St. Joseph Medical Center, South Kansas City Surgery Center is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. Know Your Rights: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf
The Operating Room Technician is responsible for turnovers, room cleaning, instrument care, setting up room, safe patient handling, monthly outdates, material area stocker.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or related experience required for new hires effective April 2014.
2. Graduate of an ORT training program or on the job training with a minimum of 3 years experience (surgical setting preferred).
3. Experience in scrubbing minor and major procedures in the generalized surgical specialties, (i.e., GYN, General and Plastics) preferred.
4. Experience in scrubbing at least minor procedures in the specialty surgical areas (i.e., Ortho, Neuro, ENT, Uro. Etc.) preferred.
5. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.