At Centinela Hospital Medical Center, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, a Top-15 hospital system in the United States, Centinela Hospital Medical Center is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Centinela Hospital Medical Center has been serving the communities of Inglewood and the wider Los Angeles area for nearly 100 years. An award-winning facility, ranking in the top 5% nationally for quality and patient safety, Centinela Hospital is a 362-bed acute-care hospital with a 24-hour emergency department and primary stroke center, orthopedic care, advanced cardiac services, critical care services, robotics surgery program, inpatient and outpatient rehab programs, labor and delivery, and more. Centinela has earned hundreds of national awards and recognitions, including "100 Top Hospital" recognition from Fortune/Merative and straight 'A's (2018-2022) for hospital safety from The Leapfrog Group. For more information, visit www.centinelamed.com.
Provides clinical supervision to social services staff throughout the hospital. Able to provide direct services in all areas related to discharge planning and social services. Compiles resource directories for the hospital. Writes policies for the Social Service Dept. and collaborates with the Directors of Case Management for continuum of care. Conducts CQI studies re: social work and discharge planning. Acts as a consultant for staff throughout the hospital re: social service and d/c planning concerns. Staffs the dept. appropriately. Assures departmental compliance with Joint Commission or HFAP standards and federal, state/local regulatory guidelines. Provides leadership and supervision to all social service staff within department.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work related field OR
2. Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy or related field.
3. State Licensed LMFT, LCSW or equivalent
4. Minimum of 3 years experience in Social Work or Case Management in a Hospital settings required.
5. Clearance to supervise by having passed the mandatory 15 hour Supervision class required by the Board.
6. Completion of criteria to provide supervision to ASW, MFTI, LPCCI according to the State Regulatory Board.
7. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
8. Behavioral Violence Prevention Training within 3 months of hire and maintain current annually.
9. Minimum of five years’ experience as a social worker in a hospital setting preferred.
10. Experience in working with a diverse population with a wide range of problems (i.e. death and dying, maternal and child care, substance abuse, disability, chronic illness, etc.).
1. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Centinela Hospital Medical Center offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that provides employees the flexibility to tailor benefits according to their individual needs. Our Total Rewards package includes, but is not limited to, paid time off, a 401K retirement plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, tuition reimbursement, and many more voluntary benefit options. Benefits may vary based on employment status, i.e. full-time, part-time, per diem or temporary. A reasonable compensation estimate for this role, which includes estimated wages, benefits, and other forms of compensation, is $70,720.00 to $101,233.60 on an annualized basis. The exact starting compensation to be offered will be determined at the time of selecting an applicant for hire, in which a wide range of factors will be considered, including but not limited to, skillset, years of applicable experience, education, credentials and licensure.