Join our team of dedicated professionals who provide services and operational support to award winning hospitals through roles in supply chain, IT and cybersecurity, clinical engineering, capital procurement, medical coding, project management and more. We provide services to clinically excellent community hospitals across the country that are dedicated to ensuring quality, compassionate care for every patient, every time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. Know Your Rights: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf
The Biomed Technician II provides medical equipment services under close supervision of BSI management. The Biomed Tech II is a front line employee who is visible to the clinician utilizing the patient care equipment included in the Medical Equipment Management Program. He/she is skilled in performing preventative maintenance, installing, testing, calibrating, and repairing biomedical equipment; while maintaining safe operations. Will regularly need to be available to work after hours and be scheduled for on call rotating schedule. This individual also, ensures that the biomedical equipment is in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and quality control standards. Often times will assist and train technicians and staff on medical equipment. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Associates degree in Biomedical Engineering or related discipline plus 2 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
2. Knowledge of TJC, DNV, HFAP, CAP, NFPA, CMS, HIPAA, other applicable standards, and regulations required.
3. High degree of self-motivation, commitment, and integrity.
4. Must exhibit a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
5. Strong written and verbal communications skills
6. Strong computer skills (MS Office, Clinical applications, CMMS systems).
7. Ability to troubleshoot, read schematics and/or blueprints.
8. Field related technical certifications (like A+, CBET, CCE or CHTM) preferred.
9. Valid driver’s license required upon first 60 days of hire.
BioMedical Services, Inc. offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that provides employees the flexibility to tailor benefits according to their individual needs. Our Total Rewards package includes, but is not limited to, paid time off, a 401K retirement plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, tuition reimbursement, and many more voluntary benefit options. A reasonable compensation estimate for this role, which includes estimated wages, benefits, and other forms of compensation, is $23.24 to $32.86. The exact starting compensation to be offered will be determined at the time of selecting an applicant for hire, in which a wide range of factors will be considered, including but not limited to, skillset, years of applicable experience, education, credentials and licensure.