Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Saint Michael's Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Established by the Franciscan Sisters of the Poor in 1867, Saint Michael's Medical Center is a 358-bed regional tertiary-care, teaching, and research hospital in the heart of Newark's business and educational district and is accredited by The Joint Commission. The hospital provides top-quality health care services delivered with compassionate care by combining state-of-the-art technology, the latest diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, leading-edge research, and a network of highly qualified physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals.
The first medical institution in New Jersey to perform open-heart surgery, and the first to develop a cardiac catheterization program, Saint Michael's Medical Center is home to the Heart and Vascular Institute, which offers a comprehensive array of innovative cardiac treatments and procedures. Learn more at www.smmcnj.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. Know Your Rights: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing care in Telemetry. The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her patients in the Emergency Department. He / She communicates with the physician about the changes in the patient�s clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is capable of responding quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment. Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies and Hospital Social Worker. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state RN License.
2. Current BLS certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current ACLS certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
4. Current PALS certificate and/or ENPC 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
5. Minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse RN in an acute care hospital setting; E.R. setting preferred.
6. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
7. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. In Paramedic Base Station ED: MICN within 12 months of hire and maintain current.
2. EDAP certified facilities: Completion of emergency pediatric course 1 and 2 within 6 months of hire.
3. Non-OB facilities: NRP certificate 90 days upon hire and maintain current.
4. Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNNC) within 12 months of hire required.