Department: Fitness Center
Status: Per Diem
The Group Exercise Instructor effectively, properly, and safely teaches group exercise classes in a manner that exhibits professionalism in a friendly and caring way. The Group Exercise Instructor is up to date on the latest fitness trends, techniques, and guidelines to insure a safe experience for all members, visitors, and the general public. The Group Exercise Instructor’s desired outcome is to educate, entertain, and create the best possible group exercise class experience so that members not only enjoy themselves, but achieve their desired fitness results. The Group Exercise Instructor communicates professionally to create a positive environment for all fitness center and hospital staff, other healthcare providers, members and the general public.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
2. Two (2) or more years minimum experience teaching in a gym/ studio/ fitness environment
3. Strong communications skills; ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
4. Possesses general skills related to specific fitness programs.
5. Primary Group Exercise or Personal Trainer Certification, preferred.
6. Current national personal training certifications or primary group exercise certifications such as ACE, AFAA, NASM, or ACSM preferred.
7. Basic computer skills.
Employees must be in their current position for a minimum of six calendar months and not received any disciplinary action within the last six months to apply and be considered for a transfer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf