St. Mary’s Medical Center is a faith-based, 146-bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of services, including 24-hour Emergency Department, Joint and Spine Institute, Surgical Services and outpatient services. St. Mary's Medical Center has provided high-quality compassionate care to the residents of Blue Springs and Eastern Jackson County for more than 30 years. St. Mary's, one of Kansas City’s best kept secrets, offers patients the best of both worlds--a warm, caring environment, close to home while providing the wide range of services and expertise typically found in much larger facilities.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of care on the unit. The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her assigned patients. He / She communicates with physician about changes in the patient’s clinical condition including cardiac monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition and/or response to treatment. The Float RN will float to all Med-Surg, Telemetry & Critical Care areas of the hospital. We have both day and night shifts available.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
1. Current and valid state RN License.
2. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
4. Previous Acute Care hospital experience preferred.
5. Basic rhythm disturbance validation must be completed within 60 days of hire or provide proof of prior completion.
6. Current PALS (AHA) certificate and/or ENPC 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
7. Minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse RN in an acute care hospital setting; E.R. setting preferred.
8. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
9. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
10. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf