The Health Information Tech II assists physicians and other medical personnel in achieving timely, accurate, and complete documentation practices. The Tech II analyzes the assembled record for chart completion deficiencies, in accordance with regulatory requirements and Medical Staff Rules and Regulations. The deficiencies are assigned to the appropriate medical staff member, and data entered for tracking and monitoring purposes. Medical Staff members are notified, and held accountable for these chart completion items. The Tech II will assist the medical staff member in their chart completion effort, but will carry out the suspension process if the medical staff member does not complete their records in a timely manner. Once the medical staff member addresses their documentation deficiencies or upon addition of a document to the analyzed record, the Tech II will review this documentation and update or clear the deficiencies as appropriate. The Tech II is also responsible for answering telephone calls and assisting visitors (including but not limited to physicians, patients, and their family members), while maintaining confidentiality. The Tech II will further support the department needs through assistance in any of the Tech I, Release of Information, or other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Minimum one year health information management experience in acute care setting; required.
2. Accurate alphabetic, numeric, and/or terminal-digit filing skills.
3. Knowledge of terminal digit filing and medical terminology; preferred.
4. Knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements for medical staff documentation; preferred.
5. Computer data entry with 10-key, with accurate typing speed of 35 wpm; preferred.
6. High School Diploma or equivalent.
7. Completion of a medical terminology course; preferred.
8. Background in business and office training; preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf