Polysomnographic Technologist-Level I performs all Sleep Disorder Center procedures, including but not limited to sleep data analysis and report generation, diagnostic polysomnograms, CPAP, Bi level and/or oxygen titration polysomnograms, and Multiple Sleep Latency Tests, in a manner consistent with community and national standards. Assists the Sleep Center supervisor in daily operations of the sleep Disorder Center, including but not limited to scheduling, answering phones, and other duties as directed by the lead or director. May be responsible for staff education and training as needed. Safely manages the environment of care while providing quality services for all customers. Provides physical and supportive care and sleep related health education to adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Works under the direction of a certified or registered sleep technologist.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent required
2. Current BCLS (AHA) Certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Eligible for certification through the BRPT preferred.
4. Completion of American Academy of Sleep Medicine A-STEP program with eligibility to set for board certification or registry; graduate of an accredited polysomnography program or enrolled in the last semester of an accredited polysomnograpy program to qualify as a student technician.
5. If a recent graduate of an accredited polysomnography program, must obtain certification or registry within 6 months of hire date; or for completion of the AASM A-STEP program must obtain certification or registry within 6 months of program completion; for student polysomnography technicians, must obtain certification or registry within 6 months of graduation date from accredited program.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf