Ability to function in a demanding environment by navigating multiple projects simultaneously, and effectively supporting a busy Medical Staff Office. Responsible for assigned Medical Staff Departments as assigned by Director/Manager. Facilitates all aspects of credentialing, including applications, reappointments, proctoring and competencies. Interfaces with physicians and hospital management staff in a positive and professional manner
1.Credentialing of applicants for membership is coordinated accurately and timely in compliance with defined standards.
2. Collects and analyzes information thoroughly to identify appropriate training and education. Also to identify any potential quality of care, malpractice issues.
3. Process outside affiliation requests and queries to Medical Board, Data Banks, and other credentialing agencies.
4. Investigates credentialing issues of concern, generates reports, and presents findings to facilitate recommendations to the Credentials Committee function.
5. Coordinates the credentialing process.
6. Prepares information for the Credentials Committee (function) to include advising the department chairs/members on credentialing process and procedure.
7. Transcribes minutes of assigned medical staff meetings assuring timeliness and accuracy.
8. Maintains confidential credentials files on all members of the medical staff and allied health professionals, including current staff status, current licensure and other certifications, as well as privileges.
9. Assists with daily office operations, answering phones, handling staff, patients and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
10. Works with Performance Improvement Department to provide and interpret relevant data into the reappointment and OPPE process.
11. Assists with management of special department projects as assigned.
12. Assists in preparation and distribution of medical staff roster, meeting notices and other relevant reports.
13. Assists with gate keeping and maintaining current database for physician information, i.e., physician staff and non-staff dictionaries.
14. Works with IT and appropriate departments to assist with daily reports reflecting missing or incomplete information.
15. Assures confidentiality of all matters relating to the operation of the Medical Staff Office and the hospital.
16. Prioritizes daily workload and projects, including but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Accomplishes responsibilities accurately and expeditiously.
17. Assists Director with Graduate Medical Education program in assuring compliance with regulatory standards.
18. Coordinates paperwork for GME Program, i.e., lecture and rotation schedules, required paperwork, evaluations, etc
19. Coordinates and assists with CME functions and continuing education lectures for the medical staff.
20. Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
1. Associates degree preferred or equivalent education/experience.
2. Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) and/or CPMSM required
3. Minimum of 3 years experience Medical Staff Services Department and/or acute care hospital experience required.
4. Must have strong computer, communication, and writing skills.
5. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
6. Must exhibit a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
7. Knowledge of medical terminology and medical staff services and/or acute care hospital experience, preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf