Responsible for all operational aspects of the Pulmonary Laboratory. This includes maintaining and monitoring of staffing, equipment, work-flow and the evaluation of such. Treats patients form pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle, and older adults. Refer out of the ordinary issues to the Manager/Director and /or Medical Director, as appropriate. Provides diagnostic testing to the patient to help optimize the total care given. Performs arterial punctures for blood gas analysis. Ability to perform walk studies, pulmonary screens, and pulmonary functions testing.
Education and Work Experience1. Valid Respiratory Care Practitioner License in state required
2. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. PALS certificate upon hire and maintain current
4. ACLS certificate upon hire and maintain current.
5. NRP certification for NICU RCP preferred.
6. A minimum of (2) years experience in a blood gas laboratory.
7. Starting October 1, 2014 Associates Degree required for all new hires
8. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf